Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mothers Day 2012 Presents

Our Story:
Mothers Day this year was a little bitter sweet.  We lost my grandmother last summer to cancer and so this is our first Mother's Day we've had to spend without her.  Plus, her birthday was May 9th, so it was always such a special time of year.  I know that my mom was going to be having a rough time, so I also knew that the only gift she would want would be to be surrounded by her family.  I made her this frame just as a little note to let her know how much she means to me - and my family.  She loves homemade things and she loves cute little sayings, so I knew it would be perfect for her.  We didn't get to celebrate Mothers Day with a supper until this week, and I know she's on here every now and again and I wanted this to be a surprise, so that's why this post is a little later getting up!


To actually print this, I had planned on sending it to Staples Print Center.  However, I could not for the life of me to get that black background.  Whether the black just didn't show in the preview or what, I wasn't going to risk sending it and wasting my money.  So I just changed it up and printed it from home.  Here is the final product!



Also, my kids made me plants this year for mothers day at preschool and daycare.  I ended up with three of the best flowers ever!  I shared them with my mom and my grandma, so now each of us has one.  Here is a picture of one of the flowers I got from my kids this year!  I love the Croc idea!  Coincidentally, I made it with my preschool class as well.  Super fun and cheap because you can get the crocs from the Dollar Store.






No comments:

Post a Comment