Thursday, May 03, 2012

Can of Dates

Original Post: My Creative Stirrings

Our Story:
Every so often my husband and I get to go on a date.  I know, sounds crazy, but we do.  It's always the same.  Supper and movie.  But lately, it's just supper cause there have been no good movies that we BOTH want to see.  I saw this idea as a gift and thought it would be kind of neat to take a look at for ourselves.  But you could use this idea as a gift or just make it for yourself.  You can even order straight from her on ETSY but she does give 36 more simple ideas right on her website.  So that was what I used to get us started.  I just chose some simple ones that I thought would best suit our personalities.  I can't wait to try some of them out - especially the alphabet ones - we could do those over and over again and always come up with something different!  How I made it was simple.  I just cut up coloured pieces of paper and wrote some of her ideas on them.  I am currently using an old cornstarch container that my husband brought home from work.  Once I find something fancier - even a jar would be better - I will move them into there.  Besides, it's not what the jar looks like, it's what inside that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment