Friday, April 20, 2012

Lego Pictures

Original Post: Pinky's Learning World

Our Story:
My kids have a LOT of Lego in the basement - so much that sometimes I think they are overwhelmed by all of it.  They very rarely use it, even though they have a little table for it and it's frustrating, because part of me wants to get rid of it, but the other part of me says, "It's a great learning tool."  So when I found this idea, I was SO excited to get started.  During nap time one day, I went into the stash of Lego and started building simple structures.  I started with about 8 and I figure if they really like the idea, I will make more elaborate ones, if they don't, maybe we do consider getting rid of them.  I took a picture of each of my structures and then sent them off to Costco to get printed.  Here are a couple of my creations.



The Verdict:
At first, my daughter was really excited and wanted to build the structures with daddy.  She lost interest really quick and hasn't touched them since, even with a little bit of pushing from me.  I am not ready to get rid of the Lego QUITE yet, I will keep it around with the pictures until my son is a little older, but I realize that even something like this is not going to get my princess girly-girl interested in building.

No comments:

Post a Comment