Friday, February 24, 2012

Journal

Original Post: Design Sponge

Our Story:
I have always loved to write.  Maybe that's why I decided to do this blog.  But I gave it up (along with much more) for something that I love even more!  My kids!  I gave it up because I didn't have time.  At night, I was so tired that I just wanted to collapse into bed and go to sleep so I could somewhat function the next morning.  This New Years, I made a resolution to start keeping a journal again - but I was scared about having to write a bunch and then keeping all these journals forever . . . blah, blah, blah.  But I found this AWESOME idea and I went to Staples for all of my supplies.  A recipe box, recipe cards and little index cards for each month in the year.
The idea is, each index card is a day.  Before you go to bed, you write the year, followed by one simple sentence describing your day.  Exampe: 2012: Went shopping with my mom.  The first year - kinda boring.  But after you have completed a year, every time you go to write in your journal, you can read what you were doing exactly a yeat ago (or two or three or four).
I decided to write the day on each index card.  When I was at the Dollar Store, I noticed you can by a date stamp for $1 - so I guess that choice is yours.  It's no extra work really.  I write the day on each night.  Come next year, I won't have to do it anymore.





















Verdict:
I enjoy the ease of just writing a quick sentence.  Sometimes it's hard to even think of ONE sentence, let alone a whole journal entry.  It's quick, easy and it's something that I look forward to looking back on year after year after year!


No comments:

Post a Comment