Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes

Original Post: A Good Appetite

Directions:
- Cut the Caulfilower and boil for approximately 10 minutes


- Drain, Mash and Mix in with the other ingredients










- Spray the skillet with oil and heat over medium heat
- Form the mixture into patties and cook until golden brown (approx. 3 minutes per side)

 

Our Story:
I fugured this would be a really healthy option for supper time.  It was the main course.  Cauliflower has a really powerful taste and my daughter didn't really like it, but my son gobbled up 2 patties.

Again, I didn't follow the recipe EXACTLY.  We didn't have Panko so I used plain old bread crumbs (we make or own) instead.  Same amount.  And we didn't have any Cayenne Pepper so I used Paprika instead.  As well, instead of plain salt, I used Seasoning Salt and left out the pepper completely.

Verdict:
It was really healthy and I think I would make it again.  Just because one of my kids (or both for that matter) doesn't like something, doesn't mean I stop making it.  If we did that, we would be eating Kraft Dinner and Cereal for every meal.  It's important for them to try different foods and one day they just may like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment